If you want to travel abroad, one of the necessary things you need is an international passport. In this article, we will show you how to apply for Nigerian International Passport and cost.
READ ALSO: how to apply for shell postgraduate scholarship (2020)
Before that, please be informed that there are two types of Nigerian international passport;
- 64 pages passport and
- 32 pages passport.
Although, the difference between the two passports is largely covered on this page, so keep reading.
How much is the Nigerian International Passport?
The 64-page Nigerian international passport costs around N70,000 with a 10 year validity period or N35,000 for a 5-year validity period. While the 32-page passport with a 5 year validity period costs about N25,000 at the Nigerian immigration office.
According to Nigerian Immigration service, issuing a new international e-passport will begin from March 4, 2020.
Meanwhile, many Nigerians have expressed dissatisfaction at the price of this travel document.
The Cost of renewing Nigerian International Passport
If you need a renewal of an international passport, the amount is the same as paying for 64 pages. But the amount for the lost passport might be bigger.
We always advise people to apply for a new international passport to avoid the stress attached to the renewal of an old passport.
Documents needed to apply for international passport
Below are the documents needed to apply for Nigerian international passport at the Immigration office;
- Application form
- Payment slip
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s license
- Two recent passport photographs
- Local gov letter of identification.
The latest updates on Nigerian international Passport
Punch reported the cost of the new Nigerian international passport as following;
- 32-page 5-year standard passport costs at N25,000
- 64-page 5-year standard passport costs N35,000
- 64-page 10-year standard passport costs N70,000
The Nigeria Immigration Service says it will begin issuing the new passport in Abuja starting from March 4, 2020.
The new e-passport was officially launched by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, February 16.
Advantages of the Nigerian new international passport
The new international passport has advantages which include;
- Passport with 10-year validity, 2. Self-tracking of application and express centers for urgent application
- Weather friendliness
- Compliance with the latest ICAO standard
- Poly carbonate technology that reduced incidence of damage as well saves Nigerians time of frequent visits to Nigerian Embassies.
Below are step-by-step processes to apply for Nigerian international passport;
- Visit the Nigeria Immigration website
- Click on the application form
- Choose a passport type “Standard e-Passport,” or “Official e-Passport”
- Click the “Start Application” button.
- Carefully fill the selected form
- Check the box that read ‘I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS FORM’
- Click the “PRINT” Button to print filled form.
8. Click “Submit Application” button to view ‘Applicant details page’
- Click on “Proceed to Online Payment”
- Select Payment Currency “Pay in Naira” or “Pay in Dollars” option
- Click on ‘Continue’ button
- Select the currency type you want to use to make payment (Naira or USD)
- If you want to pay at the bank, selected “Bank” and click continue.
- View the list of participating banks and then click on ‘Continue’.
- Click “Print Acknowledgment,” button
- With the copy of your Payment acknowledgement slip, go to a participating bank for payment.
Last edited by a moderator: