The much anticipated premier league (2020/2021 season) resumption day is here. Who are the favourites to lift the 🏆?

Van De Fred

Staff member
Best answers
As the English Premier League 2020/2021 season begins today, let's quickly look at the 20 teams that are vying for the 🏆 come May 2021.

Arsenal
Aston Villa,
Brighton &Hove Albion,
Burnley,
Chelsea,
Crystal palace,
Everton,
Fulham,
Liverpool,
Leeds United,
Leicester City,
Manchester City,
Manchester United,
Newcastle United,
Sheffield United,
Southampton,
Tottenham Hotspur,
West Bromwich Albion ,
West Ham United , and
Wolverhampton Warndrers.

FAVOURITES

The favourites to win the league are the so called Big 6.
They are:

Liverpool,
Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspur,
Manchester City,
Chelsea,
Arsenal

Even Leicester City is a worthy mention having staged the greatest league triumph against all odds in 2016.

Now let's take a look at the teams

LIVERPOOL
The reigning and defending champions are one of the favorites to lift the trophy.
Having won it in the last Edition I think they can still do it again.
They have one of the best attacking trio in Epl.
With Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino and Mohammed Salah they can do it again. Cos they now have the experience.

NB: They also have arguably the best Central Defender (Virgil Van Dijk) and the best Right Back (Trent Alexander Anord) in Epl respectively.

One thing unique with this team is 'everyone can score'. They don't have permanent scorers.
Whether defender, midfielder or striker, they are all good scorers.
They are more like Bayern Munich team.

They also have the best manager in the premier league in Jurgen Klopp.Can he still do the Magic? Only time will tell...

MANCHESTER CITY!
The citizens are one of the favourites to lift the trophy as well having possess one of the best teams if not the best team in Epl. They won the 2018 and 2019 editions with FA Cup and League cups at their disposal. The best Epl team in the last 5 years.
One thing unique with this team is their scoring prowess. They can score as many goals as they can. They also have the best player in the league, the Belgian genius Kevin De Bruyne. They have a very good manager as well in Pep Guardiola. can he lift the 🏆 one more time? Only time will tell...

MANCHESTER UNITED
The Red Devils are also favourites to win the league. Though they've not win it since 2013 when their legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson retired and left the club subsequently.
But I think they have the players that can do it. With the midfield trio of Paul Pogba, Bruno Fernandes and Donny Van De Beek, I think the have a chance. But slim one, Unless they sign a world class striker, then a better chance. Though their coach Ole Gunnar Solskjær have not won any trophy as a manager in Epl. But this can be his season.
Can he replicate what he did with Molde FC in Norway, when he carried the Norwagean league, in Manchester United? Only time will tell...

CHELSEA
The blues are as well favourites to lift the trophy. Have made good signings following their ban last season. Yes! The acquisition of German talented attacking midfielderb(Kai Harvertz) and his fellow German goal poacher (Timo Werner) coupled with the additions of, Morroco international (Hakim Ziyech), Ben Chilwel and Thiago Silva, I think they stand a good chance of winning it. They also have a manager, in Frank Lampard who did extremely well in his first season. Yes! He surprised everyone last season. Can he do even more than that? Only time will tell...

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
Spurs are also one of the favorites to lift the 🏆 come May next year.
They have the players who can do it, world class striker, Harry Kane, one of them. And with the coaching genius of their manager Jose Mourinho, I think they stand a good chance. We all know what Mourinho can do. Yes! He has won the league with Chelsea before, he can still do it with spurs. Only time will...

ARSENAL
The Gunners are one of the favorites to lift the 🏆. Having posses good players and a world class striker, Pierre Emrick Aubameyang, I think they can do it. They also have a great Tactician and a Genius as a manager. Yes! With Mikel Arteta as their manager, they stand a chance. This is a manager that has spent only 8months with the London club, and has won 2 🏆 🏆 within the months. Can he break that Jinx of 16 years wait!? Only time will...
NB: They are opening the 2020/2021 season today, with the newly promoted side, Fulham.
Fulham 's Arsenal 12:30

My great sports lovers, what is your take in this? Which team is the most favourites to lift the 🏆?