Applications are hereby requested from applicants for the International Tuition Award for the 2020 academic session at the University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada.
The International Tuition Awards assist international graduate students with their tuition fees if they are enrolled in a full-time research-oriented doctoral (Ph.D.) or master’s program.
The University of British Columbia is one of the world’s leading universities that creates an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the Canadian population and the world at large.
Scholarship Host: Graduate school, University of British Columbia, Canada
Scholarship level: Masters and PhD
Scholarship Slots: Not stated
Scholarship Worth: Up to $3,200 per year
Subject Eligibility: All study areas
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for International students.
Students are eligible for the International Tuition Award if they meet the following criteria:
- Students must hold a valid Student Authorization (Study Permit).
- Students must be registered full-time in one of the eligible graduate programs. For program eligibility and award amount, check your graduate program listing under Graduate Degree Programs (see Tuition / Program Costs box).
- Students who receive external funding (e.g., their home government, Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship, or other funding agencies like CIDA, WUSC, DAAD, CONACYT, CONICYT, NSF, etc.) for their tuition which is equal to or higher than the value of the International Tuition Award are not eligible. Students who receive external funding toward their tuition which is lower than the value of the International Tuition Award will have their International Tuition Award reduced by the amount of the external tuition funding.
READ ALSO: how to apply for shell postgraduate scholarship (2020)
- Students do not need to apply, as all international students who are eligible are automatically considered for this scholarship. Awards are assigned on the Student Information System, and, once assigned, can be viewed by logging onto the Student Service Centre.
- Students must verify that they meet the eligibility requirements accepting the scholarship online, via the Student Service Centre.
- The scholarship is paid in 3 equal instalments – one at the beginning of each term. September and January instalments are assigned in late August each year. May instalment is assigned in late April each year.
- Students who become Landed Immigrants or Permanent Residents while enrolled at UBC are required to provide a copy of their Record of Landing to the Registrar’s Office. If an international student becomes a Landed Immigrant on or before the tuition fee due date of the term, domestic fees will be assessed for that term. If an international student becomes a Landed Immigrant after the first tuition fee due date, domestic fees will be assessed for the following term. Landed Immigrant status is attained as of the “Landed on” date (box 45) indicated on the Record of Landing, not the Date Issued.
- Students are no longer eligible to receive the International Tuition Award once they are assessed domestic tuition fees. As a result, their International Tuition Award will be pro-rated to the end of the last term for which they were assessed international tuition fees.
- Students who have not been assigned the International Tuition Award by the start of the term and believe themselves to be eligible should contact the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Here (all emails should include your student number).
Last edited by a moderator: